Thursday 1 March 2012

We're not in Kansas anymore...

Goodness me has it really been 2 months since I last updated? I am so terribly sorry but I've been so busy that I kept forgetting about this!
So, as you may have guessed from the title, I'm not in Kansas (read: London) anymore. As of 3 weeks and 1 day ago, I now live in the amazing, gorgeous, vibrant, busy city of Hong Kong! Let me tell you one thing: they don't tell you about Hong Kong winter weather. There I was, expecting lovely warm sunshiney days and what do I get? Wind and rain. I might as well have stayed in the U.K!
It's warming up slowly however, although the Hong Kong Observatory did see fit to release a "Cold Weather Warning" last week. They were warning all residents of HK to stay inside if they could or to wrap up warm if they went out - the temperatures were going to drop to an arctic TWELVE DEGREES! Not that I'm complaining, mind, I saw that those of you in the U.K had to deal with temperatures of around -10 a few weeks back.
I won't pretend I didn't point and laugh in the general direction of England when I heard that ;)

So I'm all settled in, have spoken to a local agency which is run by a lovely lady called Helena, so watch this space on that front and I've been busy making our little flat feel like home by putting up all the cards and presents you guys sent us when we left, buying houseplants and leaving my shoes in strategically untidy positions, you know, to give it that 'lived in' feel.

Our friend Josie crocheted the little red dragon for us and Donovan the Dinosaur comes with us everywhere :)

We headed over to Kowloon very shortly after arriving here and spent some time taking pictures of the gorgeous Chinese New Year display, which was almost entirely made of paper and wood!





I was born in the year of the rabbit, which this is supposed to represent.

I'm hoping to get up there again very soon and take some proper pictures with the boyfriend's camera and tripod I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All images are copyright and may not be used without the express permission of the copyright holder. Powered by Blogger.

© Hannah Ashlea, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena