Well, it's 2012! I thought I'd follow on from my post on the 31st Dec where I talked about what 2011 bought me and write one today about what I hope 2012 will bring me.
In just 36 days I will be sitting on a plane, reading books, watching films and thinking about the new life I'm about to begin. In 36 days I'll be moving to Hong Kong with my boyfriend for 2 years. I'd never even been to Hong Kong until June of this year (you can see what I thought of it here). It's a stunning country, fast paced in places, relaxed in others and full of sights, sounds and smells so different to London and yet somehow very similar.
So, as the majority of my year will be spent in a different country, I've tailored my New Years Resolutions to what I want to achieve when I'm there. Here they are!
1) Continue learning Cantonese. I'm moving to a country where a lot, but not all, of the people speak English. However, just as I appreciate someone learning English when they move to England, I have made it my aim to learn enough Cantonese to get by at the markets, ask directions, go along to Cantonese-speaking tours of the monuments and understand them.
2) Continue working as a model when I get there. I can't work unless I get a work visa and I can't get a work visa unless I get signed by an agency. So I guess this is more "Get signed by an agency", but I think the two go hand in hand!
3) Learn a new skill. I've always wanted to learn to play the piano, and since I'm probably going to have a lot of free time when I'm out there, I figured I'd use that time to try something new!
4) Cook more. I enjoy cooking and have tons of recipe books but tend to always fall back on Spaghetti Bolognase or pasta bake. With all the exotic foods and new things to try on the markets in HK, I really want to learn to make authentic Chinese food. I'll start with that yummy noodle soup I love so much I think!
5) Actually stick to a work out routine this year! I'm blessed in that I don't tend to put on weight (over Christmas I lost 5lbs!) but no matter how slim I am, I do need to keep my body toned and flexible, so bring on those early morning exercise routines in one of the many parks in Hong Kong!
6) Finally, I want to have enough to tell you, modelling and photography related, that I keep this blog going. If I'm unsuccessful with the agencies in Hong Kong and find that I can't work as a model, I intend to start borrowing my boyfriend's camera and learn how to take pictures! I'll have plenty of gorgeous things to take pictures of and I'd love to look back in a few years or decades time and not be annoyed at myself for taking rubbishy pictures just because I couldn't be bothered to learn about exposure or colour balances and all of those technical things.
So! Now that I've published these, I've got a great incentive to try and keep them all! I'll try not to bombard my blog with pictures of food I've been cooking or news about how I had a conversation about the weather with a lady at the market, but we'll see how that goes in the coming months :)
Happy New Year!
All images are copyright and may not be used without the express permission of the copyright holder. Powered by Blogger.